Removing your blinds may seem like an easy task according to DIY (do-it-yourself) videos on YouTube, but that is not necessarily true. If you are not a trained professional, it is almost impossible to remove window treatments without damaging your walls. There are plenty of steps to the process, and making just a little mistake can ruin the whole project and end up costing you more money. In order to get the job done correctly, it is best to call a shutters and blinds Raleigh, NC expert.
If you are willing to take a chance with your DIY skills, consider all the steps required to remove blinds. After reading the process below, you may want to call your shutters and blinds Raleigh NC professional to handle your blinds removal.
Step 1: Tool check
Before you begin your project, you will need these tools to complete the job correctly.
- Joint Compound
- Paint Brush
- Putty Knife
- Paint matching your current wall color
- A brave friend to lend a helping hand
- Ladder, if you’re under seven feet tall
Step 2: Push blinds all the way up
Step 3: Remove the valance
Step 4: Removing door mounted blinds
Step 5: Removing other types blinds or shades
Step 6: Remove all the brackets
Step 7: Covering your tracks
Now that you see how much labor goes into removing your blinds, you may want to reconsider your “simple,” DIY project and hire an expert from Shutters and Blinds by design. Here are a couple reasons why a professional from Shutters and Blinds by design can complete your job with ease:
- Specialists in the window covering business who will correctly remove your blinds.
- They have all the tools needed to safely remove your blinds without damaging your walls.
- Experts in choosing the right window coverings for your home and installing them correctly.
- They can properly dispose of your old and unwanted blinds.
We serve the triangle area with over 17 years of experience. We are the professional shutter and blind design company to work with in the triangle area. Give us a call or send us a message to receive a FREE CONSULTATION.