Here at Shutters & Blinds by design, we have a lot of options when it comes to window coverings in Raleigh, NC . A common struggle for many people is deciding if real wood blinds or faux wood blinds are better. In short, there isn’t a clear cut general answer. Which one is better depends on your needs, your style, and your lifestyle. So, in order to make that important decision, start with the pros and cons of each.
Real Wood Blinds
- Rich, elegant, and warm.
- Lightweight, making them great for large windows.
- Comes in a variety of luxurious stains.
- Generally more stain and paint options than with faux wood blinds.
- Warps and bows with humidity, moisture, and extreme temperatures.
- Less durable than its faux wood counterpart.
- More expensive than faux wood blinds.
Faux Wood Blinds
- Looks just like real wood.
- Incredibly durable, so they’re perfect for homes with children and pets.
- Moisture and humidity-resistant, so they’re ideal for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Great in extreme temperatures.
- Heavier than real wood blinds, so they’re not recommended for large windows, unless you choose the multiple blinds on 1 headrail option.
- Fewer color choices when compared to real wood blinds.
So which appeals to you more, real wood or faux wood blinds?
Whether you choose faux wood blinds or real wood blinds, your windows will be treated in style to the timeless quality these “wood” window treatments. There is a blind for every window at Shutters and Blinds by Design. We bring our customers affordable blinds that meet their style, purpose, and comfort. Each, in their own way, protects your space from theft, overbearing light, and too much shade. In fact, each blind option is a complete treatment solution as it always includes a valance Whichever choice you make, Shutters and Blinds by Design looks forward to working with you.